Elvis On Tour | The Complete Outtakes DVD (Elvis Presley)
Brand : Studio B
The Complete On Tour Outtakes DVD is a fantastic new release filled to the brim with outtake material from 'On Tour' (1972). There have already been a couple of releases with this raw footage that - fortunately for us - somehow escaped from the vaults from MGM. The producers of this DVD show us there is a treasure trove of material that would make a spectacular official remake of this in 1972, Golden Globe winning documentary. Because MGM/Warner/Turner will not produce such a remake in the near future, the producers of this DVD have made a nice start. Starting with a good looking and effective working Main Menu, you can choose the chapters of your liking. The producers have made this DVD in chronological order.
Starting with the studio rehearsals, on to the rehearsal on the road and then on to the live concerts. Also: from the Madison Square Garden Press Conference (great footage and very sharp close ups of Elvis!) to the Press Conference in Hawaii (November, 1972) to announce 'Aloha From Hawaii' (in very good quality!). You will get to view an enormous amount of material. Carefully researched from the best sources available.
The rehearsals are fantastic to see and give us an intriguing look behind the scenes.
Just how good are those images and what a pity so less was used of it in the official version. To these eyes there are many new shots and camera angles, also with the live material. The images of Elvis in the dark blue suit (April 14th, 1972) are great! Another 'very well done' is the way 'very raw footage' is presented. Accompanied by music by Elvis we get to see all kinds of shots along the way; among that very complete footage of the TCB Band in a plane on their way to the next gig. Touching images of The Sweet Inspirations sleeping in their chairs, knowing it is only recently that we have lost Sylvia and Myrna. All of this creates a wonderful portrait of what life was like in 1972 and that of Elvis On Tour in that very same year.
The interview of Elvis with the producers of the film, shot in black and white, is one of the most stunning pieces of film shot for this project and should urgently be released officially.
1. On Tour Opening / Johnny B. Goode
2. Johnny B. Goode
3. Always On My Mind
4. Separate Ways
5. Love Me
6. All Shook Up
7. Heartbreak Hotel
8. Teddy Bear / Don t Be Cruel
9. Hound Dog
10. Elvis Talks
11. A Big Hunk O Love
12. Burning Love
13. Proud Mary
14. The Lighthouse
15. I John
16. Lead Me, Guide Me
17. Burning Love
18. Vernon Presley Interview
19. George Klein
20. Raw footage
21. Raw footage #2
22. See See Rider (April 9, 1972)
23. Love Me
24. Teddy Bear
25. How Great Thou Art (Camera Angle #1)
26. How Great Thou Art (Camera Angle #2)
27. For The Good Times
28. Can t Help Falling In Love
29. Until It s Time For You To Go
30. Polk Salad Annie
31. A Big Hunk O Love (Camera Angle #1)
32. A Big Hunk O Love (Camera Angle #2
33. Bridge Over Troubled Water (part)
34. Burning Love (Camera Angle #1)
35. Burning Love (Camera Angle #2)
36. Burning Love (Camera Angle #3)
37. Release Me
38. See See Rider (April 18, 1972)
39. Inside tour bus (April 13, 1972)
40. Backstage April 16, 1972
41. Backstage April 18, 1972
42. Press Conference (Raw Footage)
43. Press Conference
44. Press Conference (Backstage)
45. Dressing room (August 1972)
46. Press Conference Sept. 4, 1972
47. Press Conference Nov. 20, 1972
To round it up: this DVD release is pure joy and a must have release for every fan!
- Running time 164 minutes
- Limited to 500 copies only!