Elvis: Chicago Stadium 1976 | Elvis Presley FTD 2 CD Set [2 Concerts]
- Sold Out/Deleted
Chicago Stadium is a fantastic time capsule of a much healthier, more focused Elvis as he began the final quarter of 1976 with a renewed sense of performing enthusiasm and that excitement comes through clearly both in Elvis' performance as well as the fan's reactions. All Elvis fans should dust off a space of honor on their shelf for Chicago Stadium!! The concert on disc 2 is simply superb and there is one song that sums up the difference in Elvis' performance on these two concerts, that being Early Morning Rain. On Disc 1 Elvis stops John Wilkinson 30 seconds into John's solo [that Elvis sings too], asking John 'can you put it up a key higher ... because I'm not J.D. Sumner ...' However the very next night Elvis nails this song beautifully taking my breath away as they say, and figuratively speaking, the first version takes Elvis' breath away! And this is how I find the two concerts, Disc 2 features HIGH QUALITY SOUND with a BRILLIANT performance. And you are getting here two CDs for the normal price of one!Both shows on Chicago Stadium are taken directly from the RCA soundboard tapes and are in great quality and this double CD set is highly recommended !!!
Review : Chicago Stadium 2 CD 1976 Soundboard Set
1. FTD 96 (506020-975020) - Chicago Stadium
01) See See Rider 3:25 (Arr. by Elvis Presley)
02) I Got A Woman / Amen 6:45 (Ray Charles) / (Jester Hairston)
03) Love Me 2:42 (Jerry Leiber/Mike Stoller)
04) If You Love Me (Let Me Know) 2:58 (John Rostill)
05) You Gave Me A Mountain 3:11 (Marty Robbins)
06) Jailhouse Rock 1:37 (Jerry Leiber/Mike Stoller)
07) All Shook Up 1:31 (Otis Blackwell/Elvis Presley)
08) (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel 1:59 (Kal Mann/Bernie Lowe) / (Otis Blackwell/Elvis Presley)
09) And I Love You So 3:25 (Don McLean)
10) Fever 3:06 (John Davenport/Eddie Cooley)
11) Polk Salad Annie 4:06 (Tony Joe White)
12) Introductions/Early Mornin' Rain 1:44 (Gordon Lightfoot)
13) What'd I Say / Johnny B. Goode 8:04(Ray Charles) / (Chuck Berry)
14) Love Letters 3:05 (Edward Heyman/Victor Young)
15) School Days 1:19 (Chuck Berry)
16) Hurt 4:19 (Jimmie Crane/Al Jacobs)
17) Love Me Tender 1:55 (Vera Matson/Elvis Presley)
18) Hound Dog 1:46 (Jerry Leiber/Mike Stoller)
19) Funny How Time Slips Away 2:41 (Willie Nelson)
20) Mystery Train/Tiger Man 2:38 (Junior Parker/Sam Phillips)/(Joe Hill Louis/Sam Burns)
21) Can't Help Falling In Love 1:45 (Hugo Peretti/Luigi Creatore/George Weiss)
22) Closing Vamp 1:40
01) I Got A Woman / Amen 6:13 (Ray Charles) / (Jester Hairston)
02) Love Me 2:36 (Jerry Leiber/Mike Stoller)
03) If You Love Me (Let Me Know) 2:56 (John Rostill)
04) You Gave Me A Mountain 3:16 (Marty Robbins)
05) Help Me 3:37 (Larry Gatlin)
06) Jailhouse Rock 1:35 (Jerry Leiber/Mike Stoller)
07) All Shook Up 1:11 (Otis Blackwell/Elvis Presley)
08) (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel 2:17 (Kal Mann/Bernie Lowe) / (Otis Blackwell/Elvis Presley)
09) And I Love You So 3:21 (Don McLean)
10) Steamroller Blues 2:53 (James Taylor)
11) Introductions/Early Mornin' Rain 1:02 (Gordon Lightfoot)
12) What'd I Say / Johnny B. Goode 6:55 (Ray Charles) / (Chuck Berry)
13) Love Letters 2:12 (incomplete) (Edward Heyman/Victor Young)
14) School Days 1:25 (Chuck Berry)
15) Hurt 2:49 (Jimmie Crane/Al Jacobs)
16) Hound Dog 1:16 (Jerry Leiber/Mike Stoller)
17) It's Now Or Never 3:24 (Aaron Schroeder/Wally Gold)
18) Blue Christmas 1:40 (Billy Hayes/Jay Johnson)
19) Can't Help Falling In Love 1:38 (Hugo Peretti/Luigi Creatore/George Weiss)
20) Closing Vamp 1:37
More Elvis 'Soundboard' Concerts
Elvis Presley: Chicago Stadium : October 14, 1976.
Recorded live on October 14 (Disc 1) and 15 (Disc 2), 1976 at Chicago Stadium, Chicago, Illinois. The opening of the shows; 'Also Sprach Zarathustra and 'See See Rider (on the second show), were not recorded.
Musicians: Guitar: James Burton, John Wilkinson, Elvis Presley, Bass: Jerry Scheff, Drums: Ronnie Tutt, Piano: Tony Brown, Electric piano: David Briggs, Vocals: Kathy Westmoreland, Sherrill Nielsen, the Sweet Inspirations, J. D. Sumner & the Stamps, Joe Guercio and his Orchestra.
Compilation produced and art directed by Ernst Mikael Jorgensen & Roger Semon.
Mastered by Lene Reidel. Mastered from cassette soundboard tapes.
Check out our reviews of ...
It Happened At The World's Fair
Viva Las Vegas
Fun In Acapulco
Frankie & Johnny
Girls! Girls! Girls!
Chicargo Stadium 2 CD Set from FTD
Follow That Dream CD and Book Reviews