Good Times is a 2-disc set in the FTD Classic Album Series. Originally released in 1974, this great album featured the legendary 'Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues', 'My Boy' and 'I've Got A Thing About You Baby'. In addition to the masters, it will contain many great outtakes from the Stax Sessions of 1973.
The package features the 7" inch digipack format with 12-page booklet.
The Album - Side 1
1) Take Good Care Of Her -- (Ed Warren/Arthur Kent)
2) Loving Arms -- (Tom Jans)
3) I Got A Feelin' In My Body -- (Dennis Linde)
4) If That Isn't Love -- (Dottie Rambo)
5) She Wears My Ring -- (Boudleaux & Felice Bryant)
6) I've Got A Thing About You Baby -- (Tony Joe White)
7) My Boy -- (Claude Francois/Jean-Pierre Bourtayre/Bill Martin/Phil Coulter)
8) Spanish Eyes -- (Bert Kaempfert/Charles Singleton/Eddie Snyder)
9) Talk About The Good Times -- (Jerry Reed Hubbard)
10) Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues -- (Danny O'Keefe)
11) Take Good Care Of Her - rehearsal + take 1
12) Loving Arms - take 1 + rehearsal
13) I Got A Feelin' In My Body - take 1
14) If That Isn't Love - composite of take 5 & 7
15) She Wears My Ring - take 8
16) I've Got A Thing About You Baby - take 1
17) My Boy - take 1
18) Spanish Eyes - takes 1,2
19) Talk About The Good Times - take 3
20) Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues - takes 7,8
21) I Got A Feelin' In My Body - take 4
22) Ive Got A Thing About You Baby - take 14
23) Take Good Care Of Her - take 4
24) If That Isn't Love - splice of takes 5 and 7
1) I've Got A Thing About You Baby - take 15 (rough mix of master)
2) Loving Arms - take 2
3) I Got A Feelin' In My Body - take 2
4) Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues - takes 1,4,6
5) My Boy - take 2
6) Take Good Care Of Her - takes 2,3
7) If That Isn't Love - take 4 (undubbed master)
8) She Wears My Ring - takes 1-7
9) I've Got A Thing About You Baby - take 5
10) Talk About The Good Times - takes 1,2
11) Talk About The Good Times - take 4 (undubbed master)
12) Loving Arms - take 3 (undubbed master)
13) I Got A Feelin' In My Body - take 3 (undubbed master)
14) If That Isn't Love - take 6,7
15) She Wears My Ring - take 10 (undubbed master)
16) I've Got A Thing About You Baby - takes 6,8,10,11
17) Take Good Care Of Her - take 5
18) Take Good Care Of Her - take 6 (undubbed master)
19) I Got A Feelin' In My Body - take 7
20) My Boy - take 3 (undubbed master)
21) Spanish Eyes - take 3
22) Spanish Eyes - take 4 (undubbed master)
23) Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues - take 9 (unedited undubbed master)
Compilation produced and art directed by Ernst Mikael Jørgensen & Roger Semon
Mastered by Jean-Marc Juilland
Original A&R/Producer: Felton Jarvis
Original engineers: Mike Moran and Dick Baxter
Original engineer: Al Pachucki (July recordings)
Overdub engineers: Al Pachucki and Mickey Crofford
Recorded December 10-16, 1973 at Stax Studios, Memphis
'Take Good Care Of Her' & 'I've Got A Thing About You Baby' recorded July 21 & 22, 1973 respectively at Stax Studios, Memphis
Guitar: James Burton, Johnny Christopher, Charlie Hodge; Bass: Norbert Putnam; Drums: Ronnie Tutt; Piano & Organ: David Briggs, Per-Erik Hallin; Vocals: Kathy Westmoreland, Mary (Jeannie) Greene, Mary Holladay, Susan Pilkington, Voice, J.D. Sumner & The Stamps
Overdub: Guitar: Dennis Linde, Alan Rush; Percussion: Rob Galbraith; Piano: Bobby Ogdin; Organ: Randy Cullers; Vocals: Ginger Holladay, Mary Holladay, Mary Cain
01-02-74: 1:30PM-4:30PM Nashville, Ginger Holladay, Mary Holladay, Mary Cain (1617, 1628)
01-02-74: Nashville, Dennis Linde, Rob Galbraith, Alan Rush, Randy Cullers, Bobby Ogdin 6:00PM-9:00PM (1617), 10:00PM-1:00AM (1627)
01-10-74: 8:00PM-11:30PM, RCA Hollywood, strings to 1626, 1633, 1625
01-11-74: 2:00PM-5:30PM, 7:00PM-10:00PM, RCA Hollywood, strings to 1632, 1634, 1627
01-15-74: 2:00PM-5:00PM RCA Studio A, Nashville, horns to 1625
Guitar: James Burton, Reggie Young, Charlie Hodge; Bass: Tommy Cogbill; Drums: Jerry Carrigan, Ronnie Tutt; Piano: Bobby Wood; Organ: Bobby Emmons; Vocals: J.D. Sumner & The Stamps, Kathy Westmoreland, Mary (Jeannie) Greene, Mary Holladay, Ginger Holladay
Overdubs at RCA's Studio A, Nashville, on September 28, 1973. Dennis Linde: Guitar on 'Take Good Care Of Her' and 'I've Got A Thing About You Baby'.
And in a first for FTD, ...
The Girl Happy CD will soon be available with improved remastered audio and graphics.
Good Times reached only #90 on Billboard's Top LPs chart during an 8-week stay. A number of the tracks on the album, however, had better success when released as a single than the album. 'I Got a Thing about You Baby' backed with 'Take Good Care of Her' made #4 on the Billboard's country chart. 'My Boy' was particularly successful and reached #5 on the UK charts, #20 on the Hot 100 chart and #14 on Billboard's country chart. In addition, 'I Gotta' Feelin' in my Body' and an alternate take with a new instrumental backing of 'Lovin' Arms' were top 10 country chart hits for Elvis after his death in 1979 and 1981, respectively.
The strongest number on the album is 'My Boy'. This dramatic ballad is perfectly suited to Elvis' voice and he gives a convincing performance full of strength and passion. Elvis also gives creditable performances on the country ballads 'Take Good Care of Her' and 'Lovin' Arms' but they are not in the same league as any of the country numbers contained on the classic 'Elvis Country' (1971).
Elvis gives his all on the Dennis Linde composed 'I Gotta' Feelin' in my Body'. Although not in the same class as other Linde compositions performed by Elvis ('Burning Love' and 'Moody Blue'), it is without doubt one of the strongest tracks on the CD. Elvis gives everything he has on the driving country rock number 'Talk About the Good Times'. This is a fun number to listen to and Elvis clearly enjoyed the number. It is impossible to imagine how this performance could be improved upon. It is a shame that it is not better known.
The official Elvis Presley Collectors Label, Follow That Dream, will release three CD titles and one 12" Vinyl LP at the end of October. The CDs; Good Times, Rockin' Across Texas and New Haven '76, the vinyl, The Jungle Room Sessions. Also in Vinyl, both the Blue Hawaii and Standing Room Only vinyl releases will be back in stock by October 1st. for a limited period only. Both will be officially deleted once this stock is depleted.
We keep you updated about every pre-order title via the 'Release Status' page.
We should NOT need to answer emails further to this as to when a title will be released/sent to us/sent to you. How the 'Release Status' page works ...
Orders will be sent ONLY when the 'Pre-order' is available.