FTD Vinyl is pleased to announce the release of 'Promised Land : The Companion Album' - A Special Limited Edition 2-disc 180-gram vinyl set.
Promised Land : The Companion Album Double 12" LP Vinyl Album
- Disc 1 : alternative version of album featuring Stax outtakes
- Disc 2 : STAX more outtakes!
- Vinyl cutting by ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS
- DMM Copper Mastering
- 180 Grams heavyweight vinyl
- Strictly limited pressing
Also see the excellent 'Music On Vinyl' 180 gram Series
- Promised Land - takes 3, 4
- There's A Honky Tonk Angel (Who Will Take Me Back In) - take 4 + takes composite or 5, 3, 8
- Help Me - take 1 (fs + remixed master)
- Mr. Songman - take 2
- Love Song Of The Year - take 1
- Promised Land
- 1. It's Midnight - take 7 (3:45)
- Your Love's Been A Long Time Coming - take 10 (3:54)
- If You Talk In Your Sleep - take 5 (2:28)
- Thinking About You - take 4 (4:03)
- You Asked Me To - take 3A (3:31)
- There's A Honky Tonk Angel (Who Will Take Me Back In) - take 1
- Promised Land - take 5 (3:37)
- Love Song Of The Year - takes 3, 4, 6
- It's Midnight - take 11 (3:23)
- You Asked Me To - take 2B (3:54)
- Thinking About You - take 3 (4:06)
- If You Talk In Your Sleep - take 9 (undubbed master)
- You Asked Me To - takes 1, 2A
- There's A Honky Tonk Angel (Who Will Take Me Back In) - takes 6, 7
- Mr. Songman - takes 3, 5
- Promised Land - take 6 (undubbed master)
Promised Land : The Companion Album Double 12" LP Vinyl Album.
What is 'DMM Copper Mastering'?
In short, it means that the audio quality is far more superior then a regular vinyl release. Direct Metal Mastering (or DMM for short) is an analogue audio disc mastering technique jointly developed by two German companies, Telefunken-Decca (TelDec) and Georg Neumann GmbH, towards the end of the 20th century. Neumann was responsible for manufacturing the actual DMM cutting equipment as part of their VMS80 series lathes. Unlike conventional disc mastering, where the mechanical audio modulation is cut onto a lacquer-coated aluminum disc, DMM cuts straight into metal (copper), utilizing a high frequency carrier system and specialized styli.
The Elvis Is Back Sessions 2-disc 180-gram vinyl set
Follow That Dream CD and Book Reviews